Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Armchair BEA: Introductions!

Photo credit goes to: Nina of Nina Reads

I have wandered around Bloglovin', Networked Blogs, various e-mail subscriptions and had noticed an ongoing trend of Armchair BEA posts. I guiltily admit that since I believed them to be information pertaining to The Book Expo America convention in New York that I am unable to attend, I didn't give them much thought. But then I actually took the time to read one. I found that it's for those that are unable to go to the exciting convention who still may want to get to know other bloggers. What a wonderful idea! I love getting to know my fellow bloggers! And so I start my Armchair BEA endeavor with the Introductions. 

1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?

My name is Danielle. I been blogging now for maybe a month or month in a half. I have always been a bookworm, ever since I was a wee little thing. I was read to growing up and never was seen without a book in my hands. It was a precautionary thing! It never failed that when I didn't bring a book was when I was bored to tears and NEEDED it. I started reading book blog reviews as a way to increase my book list and expand my taste in books. I saw how much fun people had doing it and how well it works in promoting authors and books that I had to try throwing my hat into the ring. I am still unsure whether I am reaching enough people with my reviews and meme participations but if I convince at least one person to look into reading a book I loved, then I feel accomplished.

2. Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or something special about your current location. Feel free to share pictures.

I am currently blogging from a small town called Ocala, Florida. It is about an hour and a half away from Orlando which is, as everyone knows, the site of many a theme park and the home of one well know mouse. It is also the place where the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is! I am an extreme Potterhead (even met my boyfriend of 3 years on a Harry Potter website) so this is the most fascinating aspect of where I live.



3. Have you previously participated in Armchair BEA? What brought you back for another year? If you have not participated, what drew you to the event?

I have never participated in Armchair BEA. As I said previously, I was amazed at the sheer volume of how many blogger friends of mine were participating and I decided to follow the crowd. :)

4. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013?

I am currently reading Beautiful Darkness, the sequel to Beautiful Creatures and the second book in the Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.


5. What is your favorite part of the book blogging community?

Since I started blogging, I have started talking to quite a few amazing bloggers on here. People that open my eyes to new books I would love, people who are friendly and honest no matter what, and people who inspire me to better my site day by day so that it can be even half as beautiful and intriguing as theirs. There are two girls who I have grown to love receiving comments from and replying to their blog posts. Christy from Christy's Love Of Books and Kimba from Caffinated Book Reviewer. Book bloggers are some of the nicest people you will ever meet and I thank every single one of you for opening your hearts to a newbie like me. 

I hope to keep up with ABEA and those involved in it. Happy Reading, Y'all!

post signature