Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (3)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and features different book related themes each week. This week the theme is:

Top Ten Favorite Book Covers of Books I've Read

Good Lord, could they have picked a harder topic this week? I am a complete and utter cover whore and am fascinated by the "pretties" (Don't believe me? Go watch my latest book haul video and count the number of times I gush over the covers). However, a lot of my "pretty" books have not been read yet so I will have to think about this while I post. Here we go:




Girl Meets Underworld by Jess Watkins

This book was reviewed a week or two ago and although I wasn't exactly the biggest fan of the book overall, the cover is amazing. I think it is utterly gorgeous.






Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

I absolutely loved this trilogy (reviews coming soon) and the covers are beautiful. I am a stickler for covers that match and the fact that they all are similar in design and just simply change colors instead of altering the designs made me one happy bibliophile.





Across the Universe by Beth Revis

This cover is amazing. It is very simple, but I love the teal color. This is (I think) the paperback version of the cover since the hardcover cover was more purples and pinks and featured two people almost kissing. Meh. Kissing covers are done to death.






Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

I must like the covers having some chick standing in the middle of the page with colors swirling around her, because this is almost EXACTLY like the redesign of Across the Universe. Originality, I have none apparently.






Wither by Lauren DeStefano

Another book that I didn't really care for but that I LOVED the cover for. Between that and the single girl standing in the middle of the cover with swirling bright colors around her, I really need to branch out in my cover likes.






Unwind by Neal Shusterman

Am I the only one that finds this cover incredibly creepy? I love it. The fact that its a ghostie type figure (which has nothing to do with the story btw) that is composed of a fingerprint essentially is interesting.




Tiger's Curse by Colleen Houck

I recently did a facebook page post about whether one should consider buying a book they didn't necessarily like simply because it is beautiful. This was the book I was having problems with. It is absolutely the most gorgeous book I have read. Even on the inside there is little filigree designs on the pages.






Feed by Mira Grant

Perfect zombie book cover. And the RSS design to signify the blogger aspect of the book? Genius. Mira Grant and her cover design team are gods/goddesses.







Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly

Normally a book with just the back of some girl's head would not be all that intriging to me. I am not sure what struck me with this cover but I really like it. And once I read the story, I liked it even more.






Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Again with the tealish-green colors. Maybe I should update my idea of what my favorite color is? That model's eyes are striking though. A light brown color that is not often seen. Beautiful.



I do have some of these reviewed but have yet to post them. Before I started blogging I would review books and save them for when I am taking an exceedingly long time to read and review books (sometimes you get books that just don't peak an interest and they are hard to get through). So eventually, you will see reviews for most of these. Patience is a virtue!

What are some of your favorite covers?

post signature