Friday, June 14, 2013

Events and Happenings: Fierce Reads Book Tour Tampa Stop!


I know my last Events and Happenings post was about much of the same but this time I have photos of the beautiful ladies and autographs in my books :) The ladies started out the book event by telling the group a little about their books. I had basically heard about all of their books previously but it is always fun to hear a run down from the actual writers. I was actually pretty blown away by Emmy Laybourne's description of her Monument 14 world. I found myself wishing I had brought more money so I could buy Sky on Fire. I even looked at my boyfriend who, being the sweet boy that he is, sat through the event and even took pictures for me since I was in the back of the audience. Leigh Bardugo referenced Game of Thrones and Gennifer Albin mentioned Harry Potter, chocolate, and bacon (the holy trinity according to Gennifer and Leigh) so he actually admitted to having fun. I think he's coming over to the dark side and embracing young adult books!


The lovely ladies from the Fierce Reads Book Tour!

Now to the brag-worthy autographed copies of the books! I also got some swag that I am too lazy to take pictures of. Trust me, they provided more than enough goodies to keep my swag obsession well sated. :)


Unremembered by Jessica Brody. She gave me a temporary tattoo, a pin that reads "Yes, Always Yes", and a bookmark as well.
Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne. She gave me a signed bookmark (one of the last two left).


Of Poseidon by Anna Banks. 
Crewel by Gennifer Albin. I also got a Crewel World bracelet and bookmark.

Shadow and Bone & Seige and Storm by Leigh Bardugo. I also got a pin that says "Whatever. Summon This."

When talking to Leigh Bardugo I actually blurted out that my blog is named after a pet name my boyfriend gave to me (ladybug). He turned beet red, of course, but she thought it was adorable.

It was a fun event but I will not miss the traffic of Tampa. I was a feisty girl while driving. My boyfriend thought my head was going to start spinning like the exorcist. Anyone who is close to the Fierce Reads Tour stops, you should stop in and see the ladies. They are really laid back and incredibly sweet and generous. 

AND... 

Support these awesome authors and buy copies of their newly released books! Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo, Crewel by Gennifer Albin, Of Triton by Anna Banks, Unremembered by Jessica Brody, and Monument 14: Sky on Fire by Emmy Laybourne.

post signature