Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (5)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and features different book related themes each week. This week the theme is:

Top Ten Books Featuring Travel in Some Way

I don't normally read a whole lot of books about road trips, travel, or anything of that sort. So I may have to add a few that I have not read yet that look interesting to me. I have found a lot of contemporary books that are centered around road trips. I am normally not much for the contemporary genre (I like my vampires, werewolves, and ghosts a little too much as of late), but I am always willing to branch out and try new things. Let's see what I can do with this Top Ten Tuesday Topic.


   
The Tiger Saga by Colleen Houck
All of these books feature great road trips and travel through India on the hunt of mystical objects that could possibly break a centuries long curse. 

The Time I Joined the Circus by J.J. Howard
I love all things Circus and although I haven't read this book I have been dying to get my hands on a copy. Traveling around the world with the Circus? Yes, please!







From What I Remember... by Stacy Kramer & Valerie Thomas
Another book I have been dying to read but have not yet gotten a chance to. From fellow book blogger reviews, this book is supposed to be similar to "The Hangover"  (on the quest to find out what happened the night before).








How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski
Moral of this book: Set your boyfriend's car on fire and you get a wonderful road trip out of it! Yay!








Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
I think if I ever lost someone as close to me as my father, I would want to take a road trip to escape it all too.







Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
Uh, I am sorry but if a guy breaks up with me for someone he met on the internet I would not be able to go on a road trip with that guy without wanting to leave him on the side of the road at the first pit stop.






The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour
I'm with the band! Not just a road trip book but a "roadie" type book. Must read in the immediate future!





What are some road trip or travel-like books that you have read and enjoyed recently? Share! 
post signature