Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (6)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and features different book related themes each week. This week the theme is:

Top Ten Books at the Top of My Summer TBR List

What a great topic! I love talking about the books I plan to read! Do I actually get around to reading them always? The size of my bookshelves would speak volumes to the fact that I don't. I tend to just grab books randomly and start reading. Planning, while one of my strongest skills, isn't utilized when selecting reading material. It is unfortunate but, really, cover appeal is what gets me to choose which books I will read when. However, I have won a lot of books lately from Goodreads and fellow bloggers, been offered books in exchange for honest reviews from authors, and even went to a book event where I got a bunch of books signed (none of which I have read yet). I am horrible at keeping a reading schedule. I have enough stress with being a full-time student with a full-time job to start putting a deadline on my reading. As well as I feel that doing that just depletes the satisfaction of reading and isn't that why most of us read? I don't want to become a blogger who doles out reviews on books simply because they are scheduled to do so. I want to be honest and give each book the attention it deserves. So that may be why reviews are posted so sporadically on Ladybug Literature. Okay, I have talked WELL beyond the allotted time in introduce the topic. On to the books!



Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
I acquired this book some time ago and just bought "Siege and Storm" yesterday at the Fierce Reads Book Tour. I really need to actually read it. I have been dying to read and review it. It was compared to "Game of Thrones"... uh, yes, please!! 
Side note: Who was upset by the Red Wedding?!






Black City by Elizabeth Richards
I got "Phoenix" a while ago in a Goodreads giveaway but couldn't read it because I needed to purchase the first book. I finally got it (at the Orlando airport while waiting on my boyfriend's flight to get in)!






The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Got this when he visited Gainesville, FL a while ago and have yet to read it. Partially because it is signed and I don't want to ruin it and partially because I have so many review books that it got put on the backburner (sad face!).







I have had this adorning my bookshelf for ages. Now that there is a movie out, I must read the book. Although that may backfire on me because I heard the movie stuck in comparison to the book. I already experienced a bad rendition of a movie from a book I read (Beautiful Creatures). My boyfriend had to sit through my numerous eye rolls and scoffs when we watched the movie.





Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
She mentioned at the Fierce Reads Event that it ended on a cliffhanger... I am a bit nervous for that reason but I am intrigued by mermaid books.








Unremembered by Jessica Brody
Another author from the Fierce Reads Event. She described her book at the beginning of the event and it was way better hearing it directly from the author than the description given.







Crewel by Gennifer Albin
Is it becoming clear that 5 of my top favorite books to read this summer are all the ones from the Fierce Reads Event?








Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
A post-apocalyptic book based on blood chemistry? I would say that would be a win as well. My boyfriend who is more of a comic book and graphic novels sort of reader, wished to read this book.







Cinder by Marissa Meyer
I love fairytale retellings and I heard this one was exceptionally amazing. I bought it a while ago but, as is so often my problem, haven't gotten around to it. I am making a plan to this summer.








Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
I featured the third book on a Waiting On Wednesday and realized I have yet to read the rest of the series. Oops! Must fix this!




Those are just SOME of the books I am hoping to read this Summer. What are some book you hope to read?

post signature