Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (10)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and features different book related themes each week. This week the theme is:

Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition

There are so many authors out there that only get the littlest recognition either because they are indie authors or just not well established yet in the literary world. I have a few favorite authors that could use more recognition then they get. Some of them you may have heard of, some you may not have.

1) Kristina Douglas - I just grabbed her first book "Raziel" randomly at the library and it changed my life. It is an amazing book and a series I have deemed worthy enough to enter my book collection. I just need to purchase my own copies.

2) Emmy Laybourne - I am sure some have heard about her "Monument 14" and "Monument 14: Sky on Fire" books, but I have not seen much by way of reviewers partaking in her books. I highly recommend them. I met Emmy on the Fierce Reads Book Tour and she is one of the kindest authors I have ever met. Her books have been optioned for film as well.

3) A. Lee Martinez - I have LOVED his books for ages. I have read them all and I keep coming back for more. He is the author of such books as "Chasing the Moon", "Monster", and "Gil's All-Fright Diner". He writes comedic fantasy books that are just wonderful.

4) Monica Wolfson - I reviewed her book "Cursed" last week (I think) and it was kind of a low-rated review. Instead of getting upset by it or giving me a hard time about it she started e-mailing me asking me where I saw the shortcomings in the book so she could fix it and get the book back out there better than before. You have to admire an author who would take that much pride in their work.

5) Lindsey Piper - I just finished reading her book "Caged Warrior" tonight (few minutes ago, in fact) and it was incredible. It was so different from the normal paranormal romance books you read with vampires and werewolves and the sort. She is a new author who everyone who loves themselves some paranormal romance should check out.

6) Mira Grant - Yes, I am going to do yet another shoutout to Mira Grant. What can I say? I'm smitten. Read her Newsflash trilogy and marvel in the wonderfulness that is Mira Grant!

7) Cora Carmack - Her books "Losing It", "Faking It", and "Finding It" have turned my mother into a mess. She wants this series almost as badly as I want the entire Harry Potter series (hardcover, of course). 

8) Brian Keene - If you want to read some quality horror books, look into Brian Keene. Any of his books are good but my favorite are probably "The Rising", "City of the Dead", and "Dead Sea". 

9) Karen Marie Moning - I was surprised when I found out how many people don't know about her. I was fangirling over winning a signed copy of her graphic novel "Fever Moon" and no one could understand my excitement except my Book Club. This needs to be rectified. Go read The Fever Series or The Highlander Series... now!

10) Indie Authors EVERYWHERE! Those authors who believe in their work so heavily that they put their work out there despite what the big publishing companies thing. They are inspirations.

Who are some authors that you feel deserve recognition?
post signature