Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (8)


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and features different book related themes each week. This week the theme is:

Top Ten Most Intimidating Books 

I always find my most intimidating books to be books I have received for review. I find it intimidating because I know that to some authors their books are essentially their babies. I do not want to end up insulting or saying negative things about someone's "baby" if I can avoid it. That is a lot of pressure! What do you do when you receive a book someone has put their blood, sweat, and tears into and you have to say "eh, I didn't like it." I don't think authors or publishers truly understand how nerve-racking reviews can be for some bloggers. I tend to go ahead and review the books as honestly as possible, but when I received my first review book that I didn't particularly like, I was rather timid in my review. I didn't want to offend anyone and upset them. So... these are some of the books I have for review (a lot have been mentioned on my book hauls so they will look familiar) that I find intimidating.




A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest 
This e-book was provided by Bella. When I lost her Goodreads giveaway she was kind enough to contact me and ask if I would like an e-book copy of her book in exchange for an honest review.







Godhead by Ken Mooney
This e-book was provided by Ken. I also lost his Goodreads giveaway and he e-mailed me and asked if I was interested in an e-book copy in exchange for an honest review.








The Genesis by K.L. Kerr
E-book provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.








Cursed by Monica Wolfson
Was approached by the author through e-mail about reading and reviewing her e-book. 
Side note: can I once again comment on how BEAUTIFUL the cover is?







Everville by Roy Huff
Although it was directly asked to review the e-book when it was provided by the author, I assume it was implied. 




















Daisy Madigan's Paradise by Suzy Turner









The Temporal Stone by Suzy Turner
All of the Suzy Turner e-books were provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.








Priceless by Shannon Mayer
The e-book was provided by Shannon's publist in exchange for an honest review.







Dahlia by Christina Channelle
This e-book was won in a giveaway but I was offered it also by the author in exchange for a review.





Does anyone else feel intimidated by review books? Or what DOES intimidate you about some books? Length? The pressure to like a book you have an inkling you may not, in fact, enjoy?

post signature