Sunday, August 11, 2013

A to Z Bookish Survey


A survey created by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner.

Author You've Read the Most Books from:
I would have to say James Patterson. Before I got into Young Adult or Paranormal Romance, I was a big Mystery buff. James Patterson is the master of that genre in my opinion.

Best Sequel Ever:
Deadline by Mira Grant. I love the Newsflash Trilogy and think Mira Grant is an amazing writer all around.

Currently Reading:
I am currently finishing up Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout. This is the first book in her Covenant series. I read most of her Lux series (waiting on Origin) and LOVED them.

Drink of Choice While Reading:
I tend to like to have a little pep in my step while reading, so I usually go for coffee. My particular choice is Dunkin Donut's Cinnamon Iced Coffee (with cream and sugar, of course!). So yummy!

E-reader or Physical Book?
I am definitely a fan of having a physical copy in my hands to read. I feel more accomplished being able to place a bookmark in my book and see my progress. Not to mention the smell of a new book and the feel of the paper under my fingers... Bliss.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated in High School:
Neville Longbottom from the Harry Potter series. Don't judge me! He was clumsy, dorky, and adorable. That was the type of guy I went for in high school :)

Glad You Gave This Book a Chance:
Towering by Alex Flinn. When I read the synopsis it sounded a little too much like the animated movie Tangled. I was worried it was going to be exactly like that and was hesitant to read it even if I love Alex Flinn. Glad I gave it a chance because it was not like Tangled at all (except for the Repunzel bits).

Hidden Gem Book:
I have mentioned this book A LOT, but I do feel it doesn't get the recognition it deserves. When the World was Flat (and we were in love) by Ingrid Jonach.

Important Moment in Your Reading Life:
When I created my blog. I have gotten a lot of love from the blogging community and have been referred to a lot of great books from my fellow bloggers. It is amazing that Ladybug Literature is not venturing into it's 4th month. :D

Just Finished:
I just read The Howling Heart by April Bostic. I read it for a blog tour but once I started reading it I couldn't put it down. It was a great paranormal romance read!

Kinds of Books You Won't Read:
I tend to stay away from nonfiction and historical romance ("bodice rippers"). Otherwise, I will normally try anything once or twice and see if my taste has changed.

Longest Book You've Read:
The Stand by Stephen King (1,153 pages)

Major Book Hangover Because of:
Through the Ever Sky by Veronica Rossi. I knew there was going to be a long wait for Into the Still Blue and I was dying to know what happened next. No other book sounded as interesting to me as the next book in the series.

Number of Bookcases You Own:
4 in my bedroom and 1 more in the spare bedroom. The extra bookcase is more so for my mother's books. We don't read the same kind of books really, so she needs her own space.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
For the most part I am not much of a multiple reader (unless a new book in a series comes out and I need to re-read the series to remember what happened). I would have to say Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton. I read it at least 3 or 4 times as new books came out to see where it all started.

Preferred Place to Read:
If I have the house to myself, I read in the living room on the sofa, but then I have the cats all vying for a place in my lap. So, mostly I read in my bedroom in bed.

Quotes that Inspires You/Gives You All the Feels From a Book You've Read:
"'Do you ever miss anything?'
Perry smiles. 'You, all the time.'" -- "Through the Ever Night" by Veronica Rossi

AHHH! So sweet! and a bit corny. Love it.

Reading Regret:
I regret not stopping in the middle of the Anita Blake series. I was told the books got worse as the story went, but I didn't listen and read all of them. I regret that.

Series You Started and Need to Finish (all books are out in series):
The Vampire Academy series. I read most of them before the spin-off started, except for the last book. I need to re-read the entire series.

Three of Your All-Time Favorite Books:
Wicked by Gregory Maguire, Boundless by Cynthia Hand, and Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (read the book, don't watch the movie. The movie is crap).

Unapologetic Fangirl for:
Leigh Bardugo. I saw her at the Fierce Reads signing a while back and I didn't know what to say. I was just starstruck.

Very Excited for This Release More Than All the Others:
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke. I have been DYING to read this book, just can't seem to get my hands on a copy.

Worst Bookish Habit:
I tend to buy books brand new and then check out the same book from the library so I don't break the binding or otherwise wreck my own copy. I like my books pristine if I can manage it. I know, anal retentive or what?

X Marks the Spot - Start at the Top Left of Your Shelf and Pick the 27th Book:
Storm's Heart by Thea Harrison.

Your Latest Book Purchase:
Unbreakable by Kami Garcia. I found the ARC at a local bookstore for $1. It doesn't come out until October and it's by a great author. Win!

Zzz-Snatcher Book (Last Book that Kept You Up WAY Late):
The Howling Heart by April Bostic. I started the book late thinking I'd only read a chapter and call it a night. I read the whole thing and ended up checking the clock at 8am when I finally finished it.

post signature