Friday, August 9, 2013

Cover Reveal: The Storytellers by Laura A.H. Elliott


Hosted by:

The Storytellers by Laura A.H. Elliott
Publication date: September 10th, 2013
Genre: Paranormal

Four storytellers.
One ancient demon.
No way out...

Four women who call themselves The Storytellers have gathered one hot August evening to tell tales, as they have for years. But on this night, they unknowingly evoke the powers of an ancient Mayan idol that breathes real life into their stories. The Mayan idol isn't the only ancient being awakened. A power-hungry demon is determined to see the women fail and become enslaved to him forever.

Now the women's lives depend on surviving each other's stories, defeating the demon and solving a centuries-old mystery.

If they survive until The End untold wealth is theirs. But some stories have a life of their own...


I like the cover because it reminds me of those Animorph covers from my childhood. Except in the Animorphs covers the face is turning into the animal they are associated with in the story, this one is just the four women liked up diagonally so they can all be seen. I don't know how the hunk with the gun comes into play. I hope he's not the demon in question, because I'd hate for it to be one of those books where I root for the women to be slaves to "the hotness" aka the big bad evil. I don't much care for the font though. I thing something other than Trebuchet would have made the cover even better. Either way.... interesting concept, cute cover models, and intriguing color choices.


About the Author:
(in her own words)
"I love writing about enchanted road trips, cursed storytellers, shadow worlds, and alien romance while eating lots of popcorn. I live in a tree house on California's central coast. After twenty-plus years as a freelance graphic designer/animator with clients including E! Entertainment Television and The Los Angeles Times, I left the real world behind and followed my heart into the world of fiction. Little known fun fact--I can't kill a spider but would gladly kill the tomato-plant eating gophers in my yard if I could get my hands on them, I wouldn't mind dying in a vat of salted caramel ice cream from Portland's Salt & Straw, next on my dream list is a trip to Indonesia, I daydream of doing stand-up comedy when I'm not completely terrified of it." 



Giveaway!
(5) e-ARCs of The Storytellers

a Rafflecopter giveaway

post signature