Monday, September 2, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (18)


"It's Monday! What are you reading?" is a meme hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey

Currently Reading

After the Ending by Lindsey Fairleigh & Lindsey Pogue
This is the first book in The Ending series.
Provided by publisher on NetGalley for an honest review.


The first book in a new Post-apocalyptic Romance series.

The Virus spread. Billions dead. The Ending began. We may have survived the apocalypse, but the Virus changed us.

When people started getting sick, "they" thought it was just the flu. My roommate, my boyfriend, my family... they're all gone now. I got sick too. I should have died with them--with the rest of the world--but I didn't. I thought witnessing the human population almost disappear off the face of the earth was the craziest thing I'd ever experience. I was so wrong. My name is Dani O'Connor, I'm twenty-six-years-old, and I survived The Ending.

The Virus changed everything. The world I knew was gone, and life is backwards. We've all had to start over. I've been stripped of my home, my dreams... all that is me. I'm someone else now--broken and damaged. Other survivors' memories and emotions haunt me. They invade my mind until I can no longer separate them from my own. I won't let them consume me. I can't. My name is Zoe Cartwright, I'm twenty-six-years-old, and I survived The Ending.

We've been inseparable for most of our lives, and now our friendship is all we have left. The aftermath of the Virus has stranded us on opposite sides of the United States. Trusting strangers, making sacrifices, killing--we'll do anything to reach one another. Fear and pain maybe unavoidable, but we're strong... we're survivors. But to continue surviving in this unfamiliar world plagued by Crazies and strange new abilities, we had to adapt. We have to evolve.

And more than anything, we have to find each other.

THIS BOOK CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT AND LANGUAGE.

Weekly Reading Options
(Paranormal Romance Series Starters)


Dark Prince by Christine Feehan
The first book in the Dark Carpathians series.
Bought from local Used Bookstore.


Enter the enchanting world of the Carpathians, where dark adventure, mystery, and love await, and the desires of two daring hearts unite in one irresistible passion.

A telepathic hunter of serial killers, Raven Whitney helps to catch some of the most depraved criminals. But her work keeps her from getting close to others, and has drained the body and spirit. In need of rest and rejuvenation, she embarks for a vacation far from home.

Mikhail Dubrinsky is the prince of the Carpathians, the powerful leader of a wise and secret ancient race that thrives in the night. Engulfed by despair, fearful of never finding the mate who can save him from the encroaching darkness, his soul cries out in loneliness--until the day that a beautiful voice full of light and love responds, softly soothing his pain and yearning.

From the moment they meet, Raven and Mikhail are helpless to resist the desire that sparks between them. But just as fate unexpectedly brings these life mates together, malevolent forces threaten to destroy them and their fragile love. Yet even if they survive, how can these two lovers--Carpathian and human--build a future together? And how can Mikhail bring Raven into his dark world without extinguishing her beautiful goodness and light?


A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
This is the first book in The Immortals After Dark series.
Bought from the local Used Bookstore.


Acclaimed author Kresley Cole introduces a sizzling new series with this tale of a fierce werewolf and a bewitching vampire--unlikely soul mates whose passion will test the boundaries of life and death.

A mythic warrior who'll stop at nothing to possess her...

After enduring years of torture from the vampire horde, Lachlain MacRieve, leader of the Lykae Clan, is enraged to find the predestined mate he's waited millennia for is a vampire. Or partly one. This Emmaline is a small, ethereal half Valkyrie/half vampire, who somehow begins to soothe the fury burning within him.

A vampire captured by her wildest fantasy...

Sheltered Emmaline Troy finally sets out to uncover the truth about her deceased parents--until a powerful Lykae claims her as his mate and forces her back to his ancestral Scottish castle. There, her fear of the Lykae--and their notorious dark desires--ebbs as he begins a slow, wicked seduction to sate his own dark cravings.

An all-consuming desire...

Yet when an ancient evil from her past resurfaces, will their desire deepen into a love that can bring a proud warrior to his knees and turn a gentle beauty into the fighter she was born to be?

Beg for Mercy by Toni Andrews
This is the first book in the Mercy Hollings series.
Bought from the local Used Bookstore.


I've never been certain I'm human Oh, the X-rays and blood tests are normal, and most people have no reason to suspect I'm more than I appear to be. But if I tell you to do something? You do it--no ifs, ands or buts. My name is Mercy Hollings, and if you think that having the power to control people makes my life easy, you're dead wrong.

Because when I get angry, everyone around me is at risk--Sukey, my friend who has frightening taste in men; my clients, who, ironically, come to me for help; my neighbors, who regard me as a loner; and Sam, a man who wants to know my darkest secret. And I'm afraid my anger is taking over.


I am always open to recommendations. What books have you read lately that you would think I'd be interested in? Leave a comment and let me know! Happy Reading! :)

post signature