Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tell Me Something Tuesday (14)


"Tell Me Something" Tuesday is a meme hosted by Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings

This week's question is:

Ereaders... do you prefer reading on an ereader vs. a physical copy? Why or why not? What ereader do you prefer: Kindle, Nook, Ipad...?

I have always been more fond of physical books than ereaders. The reason for this is, I feel more connection to the characters, story, and author's work when I have something physical in my hands. The smell and texture of the book gives me a tactile response when reading. The flip of a page, the smell of an old book, the physical appearance of the book's font, cover, and that sort, all make the experience more enjoyable. I find myself enjoying reading a book even more so when I can stick a bookmark in my place when I stop and see how much progress I have made in my reading endeavor. Sometimes it's that simply measure of progress that causes me to pick the book back up instead of waiting for the next day to continue. 

IE: "Oh, I only have a little chunk of the book left? Well, I can get that done in an hour and find out what happens!"

Don't get me wrong, I do have three ereaders and I use them all quite often. My favorite ereader is my Kindle Fire, but since the glare from the screen can be hard to read while outdoors I also have an older Kindle that I received from a giveaway. My Kindle keyboard (my first ereader ever) is being handed off to my boyfriend who doesn't have an ereader of his own. I would love to one day own a Nook or iPad as well, just so I don't always have to subscribe to .mobi formatted books. 

What say you, faithful followers? Ereaders vs. Physical copies? Favorite Ereader device?

post signature