Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tell Me Something Tuesday (19)


"Tell Me Something" Tuesday is a meme hosted by Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings

This week's question is:

Thanksgiving... what are some of your favorite Thanksgiving traditions? What do you like to cook or eat? Feel free to share recipes.


What is my favorite Thanksgiving tradition? Eating, of course. All the copious amounts of food. Mmm, Mmm, good. 


One of my favorite foods is my mom's sweet potato casserole. I am not a big fan of nuts so she makes it specially without the pecans for little ole me. :) Got to love a mommy who is willing to make sacrifices for her dear daughter.


Since I love it so much perhaps I should share the recipe as well? It's only kind of me.


Recipe

1 - (40 ounce) can yams, drained
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 - (16 ounce) bag miniature marshmellows

1) Butter 1 quart baking dish.

2) Heat oven to 350 degrees.

3) Mash yams in a large bowl and add brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, egg, and melted butter.

4) Mix well.

5) Place 1/2 mixture in baking dish.

6) Top with a layer of marshmellows, then add remaining mixture.

7) Bake for 30 minutes.

8) Remove from oven and top with remaining marshmellows.

9) Bake for another 10 minutes or until marshmellows are lightly browned.


What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving traditions or foods?

post signature