Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Tell Me Something Tuesday (21)


"Tell Me Something" Tuesday is a meme hosted by Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings

This week's question is:

What are some of your goals for 2014?

1) Learn to say 'no'.
Of course, there is one major goal I have for 2014 that is directly correlated with my blog. I plan to try to keep a more structured schedule for my reviews. Last year, I was so excited and gung-ho for my blog to put out posts as soon as possible that I ended up accepting way more review books than I could ever possibly read.


I need to do better by that. I am only one person and I do have a job and school to contend with as well. So, I will try to start turning away authors and publishers instead of accepting them all and hoping with fingers crossed that I will get to it.

2. Get back on the diet wagon.
Another of my goals is to lose weight, as is every other person's new year's resolution. I was on a diet for about a year and a half and lost 70 lbs. I got off the diet for a year and have gained about 15 of those pounds back. I just wanted a break from the rigorous routine of working out and watching every morsel that passes my lips.


Time to get back into shape and stop being a lazy lollygagger. 


3. Spend time with my friends more.
Since I started getting involved in school more, and my job, and my blog with the subsequent reading that goes along with that, I ended up isolating myself from my friends. After new years I did get in contact with my friends again and started making plans to hang out and catch up soon.


Hurray for good friends who take you back with no questions asked after disappearing for a few months. :)

Those are my three main goals for my life in 2014? What are some goals you have set for the new year?