Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Tell Me Something Tuesday (32)


"Tell Me Something" Tuesday is a meme hosted by Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings

This week's question is:

Do you consider the publisher when selecting a book for review?

In a word? No. 


Don't get me wrong, when I know that a particular publisher has granted me several books to read in exchange for reviews, I will normally make them a priority. I hate for publishers to think I am just doing book reviews so I can read books early and not give back for the resources and time the publishers spend on getting reading materials to me. If I haven't said it before, I say it now...


So, to answer the question, no, I don't consider the publisher when selecting a book to review. Normally I go by sheer luck of the draw. Whichever one catches my eye or is selected through random draw (yes, all my review books are numbered on a spreadsheet and I sometimes use a random number generator to make my selection. Too many good books and an inability to choose, I blame).


Do you consider the publishers in what book you read for review?