Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tell Me Something Tuesday (33)


"Tell Me Something" Tuesday is a meme hosted by Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings

This week's question is:

Do you have to read a series in order no matter what?

It is actually quite ironic that I got this question because I just got into this discussion with a customer today (I work at a local used bookstore). Her and I agreed that we are absolutely incapable of reading books out of order. When another customer joined the conversation and said she didn't have a problem reading books out of order we both paused and I knew we were having the same thought.


How does one go into a series and automatically know that the books can be read as stand-alones and thus do not need to be read in order? Even the wonders of Goodreads rarely speaks of that sort of thing. 


So to be quite frank, I believe that those who don't have the compulsion to read books in order are just odd and need to reexamine their heads. Series are meant to be read in order, not skipped around in all willy-nilly! No willy or nilly should be involved in the serious nature of books!


What say you followers of mine? Are you willy-nilly-ers or compulsive order readers?