Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tell Me Something Tuesday (34)


"Tell Me Something" Tuesday is a meme hosted by Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings

This week's question is:

Books to movies... Do yo prefer to see the movie first or read the book?

I have always been faced with this dilemma. Do I read the book and risk whining and complaining through the movie because it's not as good or laid out as cleanly as the book? Or, do I watch the movie then go back and read the book to get more information that may have been cut out of the movie? This shouldn't really be as complicated as it seems to be to me, should it?


On the one hand, if you read the book first, you are often preparing yourself for a world of disappointment. The movies are NEVER as good as the books. Reading a book and absolutely adoring it and then watching the movie and it's nothing like the book you fell in love with makes me rather angry. So, I switch it up, but after seeing the movie, I can't force myself to read the book. I feel I already know the story so I won't get anything out of the time I put in. 


And so, I am damned if I do, damned if I don't. I am screwed either way and I hate myself for making this such a difficult situation when it shouldn't be. I think I have a problem with books made into movies in general...


So, followers. Read the books then watch the movie? Watch the movie then read the books? Die inside because of both options?