Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tell Me Something Tuesday (35)


"Tell Me Something" Tuesday is a meme hosted by Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings

This week's question is:

What are some of the worst book to movie adaptations you have seen?

Of course there are numerous books to movies that are cringe-worthy, but the one that sticks out in my mind most prominently is:


This book was one of my favorite YA reads. I was pulled into the unusual story of witches and how they fit into a destiny of good vs. evil once they come of age. It was a FANTASTIC story. The movie was anything but. Most of the book was removed from the movie, I mean HUGE chunks. The characters I had loved were unknown to me when watching them on the big screen.


That's right, missy, I sure don't because Hollywood completely destroyed your character. 

I found myself dying within the first 15 minutes of the movie and raging verbally so much that my boyfriend was dying in a different way. Dying laughing at me and my misery.


Needless to say, I barely made it through the movie. It was just horrible. I absolutely loathed it and I let anyone who ever asked me about book/movie crossovers to NOT read Beautiful Creatures the book before watching the movie. Then you won't be as horribly disappointed as I was. 



/rantend. So, faithful followers, what are your least favorite book/movie crossovers? Which ones make you RAGE like yours truly?