Friday, June 20, 2014

Blog Tour with Excerpt: The Reapers by Jacinta Maree @XpressoTours @JacintaMaree6



The Reapers by Jacinta Maree
Series: My Demonic Ghost #2
Publication date: September 17th, 2013
Genre: Young Adult / Paranormal

Synopsis (according to Goodreads):
The day you die is meant to be the end, but for 18 year old Jordon Hastings, his death was only the beginning.

In a dark and twisted world, lost spirits known as Reapers remain behind after death to help collect the spirits from the realm of the living. A new Reaper, Jordan struggles to accept his fate and lingers in the shadows of his mortal life. But when a demon wolf starts to live through his shadow, hunting his family and friends Jordan has no choice but to leave. As soon as he accepts his new role the truth behind the relationship between Reapers and Angelic Hunters is revealed. His loyalty is tested, making him choose between a corrupted God and a single Banished Spirit.

Available at:
 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg photo 111AD205-AA04-4F9E-A0F4-C1264C4E9F30-1855-000001A1E8CEB6D7_zps9b730b94.jpg


Excerpt
"What's up?" she asked as she set down a cup of tea.

"Why did you tell Mr. Ringwood that I saw Luke last? I took you I hadn't."

Anita glanced up, a little uncomfortable. "Oh. I must've accidentally said it in passing."

"Anita, the truth."

She put her cup down and chewed nervously on her lower lip, as she always did when she was unsettled. "Alright, I have been speaking to Luke that night," she whispered softly. "He told me something that... that really made me feel uneasy. That night, as I said, we had to really nasty fight and he ran off swearing to 'take you down a peg.' I was so worried, I tried calling you but you never picked up. Then I tried Luke, but he didn't answer either. When I eventually went back to his house, Luke was really... distressed and panicked about something. He had blood on his hands; well, I thought it was blood. It looked like he had tried to rinse his palms off using his shirt and the tap outside. I demanded that he tell me what he did, but he just pushed me away."

"I decided to do some investigating of my own and went back to your place. But, as I was driving on my way over, I noticed a trail of blood on the road just near the cliff and some burnout marks on the concrete. Of course, I got out to have a closer look, following the trail into a section of woods where it lead me to this..."

She stood up, walked over to a drawer in the other room, and returned with a wallet. My wallet no less. It had been so saturated by the rain that the black material was crickled with water damage. She handed it over and I flipped the wallet open but all my cards and personal ID had been removed from their pockets.

"I know it's yours," she told me before taking her seat again. "I didn't know what to do, Jordon. I started searching the woods for you in case they had left you there unconscious. Then I got a phone call from Mark. He said Evan had called him up, told him that you showed up at home with a bang on your head. I didn't know what to think. The evidence, the amount of blood, it didn't make sense that you could just dust yourself off and walk home. Unless it wasn't your blood..."

"Why didn't you say something earlier?"

"Because I wasn't sure... I... I didn't want..."

The way her eyes slipped down, ashamed, guilty of something that sat on the tip of her tongue. I inhaled softly, suddenly understand her hesitation. "You were protecting Luke."

She's in love with him.

Her lips parted to refuse but the truth wouldn't let her lie about something like that. Her large eyes shone with lingering tears, her fingers wringing the tablecloth with an uneasy twitch. "I only said those things to make him jealous... I really didn't mean... I'm sorry."

"I gotta go." The chair groaned as I stood up. "Thank you for lunch."

Anita leapt up from her chair and called to me in a small voice. "It wasn't your blood. Right, Jordon? I mean, you're fine. It must've been a wild animal that was struck by a car. Right? Luke, he wouldn't have..."

I held my hand up to silence her, every little word that slipped from her lips was like a throat to my heart. "Just... stop," I shouted.

I had never raised my voice to her, not once during our entire childhood friendship. And by the way she fell back, stunned by the abrupt change in me, it was obvious she wasn't sure how to respond.

How do I tell her the boy she loves murdered me that night, when I'm here walking around as if alive? I couldn't. It was impossible. And it made me so mad now, that because I got back up from the grave and walked home, Luke got away with killing me.

I wasn't alive, not for much longer, as the Reapers were going to take me away from everything I held dear. Luke will never be held responsible. Because I got back up. I didn't stay dead when he murdered me.

I would just vanish.

She didn't call out to me to stop. A small part of me didn't expect her to, but a larger part really hoped that she would chase after me.


About the Author:
Self confessed chocaholic, Jacinta was born and raised in Melbourne Australia with her loving family of five. Even as a child Jacinta had an itch to write. Writing was the one constant hobby she clung to, also trying her hand at piano, flute, tennis, horseback riding and drama.

Jacinta works full time in the family business and spends her afternoons either playing basketball, reading, writing or hanging out with friends. She is always happy to try something new; getting her real estate license, practicing ninjitshu, Zumba and parkour to name a few.

For her future, Jacinta sees herself writing. It is a large part of her identity and something she hopes to continue. Aside from her love of stories she loves Japan and its unique and beautiful culture and history. From their delicious sushi dishes right down to their wooden sandals and kimonos. She is also a huge cat person and loves to snuggle up in front of the fire for a good movie or book. Her favorite genres are paranormal and fantasy but she also loves anything written by thriller writer, Stephen King.




Hosted by: