Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tell Me Something Tuesday (38)


"Tell Me Something" Tuesday is a meme hosted by Heidi @ Rainy Day Ramblings

This week's question is:

It's the end of the world... what books do you grab to preserve for future readers?

Easy question. The seven hardback versions of the Harry Potter series. 


I have spent my time collecting them and my collection was finally completed a few months ago. I was incredibly excited. I mean, super excited. 


I mean, I flaunted the books in my non-reader friends and said "look at the pretties!" ...of course, they proceeded to blink rapidly at me and wonder what I was on and whether they should have me committed. 


I think that as a series, it was absolutely beautiful writing and a world that every younger generation should be exposed to. I think that the Harry Potter series is right up there with the Lord of the Rings trilogy that are pretty much considered classics. I found myself engrossed in the Harry Potter world so much I join an HP forum and made an abundance of great friends. I don't know where I'd be without the series. 


What books would you spirit away in the event of the world ending? Anyone who says the Harry Potter series gets +2 cool points with me... I'm jussayin'...